Engineered to go beyond the checklist to ensure the Efficient, Effective, Safe, and Legal operation of your well control equipment
Athens Group Well Control Equipment services go beyond the API Std 53 checklist with an integrated systems engineering approach that accounts for the critical relationship between people, equipment, processes and regulations to provide comprehensive solutions that:
- Ensure you meet all relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices,
- Reduce non-productive time,
- Assess the competency of the Subsea Department onboard and sufficiency of resources, and
- Improve the reliability and increase the operating uptime of the BOP Stacks and associated BOP Control System (BOPCS).
Athens Group provides five types of well control equipment services. Each service is scalable to provide a fit for purpose solution for the specific need.
Condition Survey, Inspection, and Between Well Maintenance Certification services evaluate and certify the capability and suitability of the equipment for its intended use. This includes API and relevant regulatory certifications, as well as crew competency evaluations.
Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance, and Commissioning services ensure your new or refurbished well control equipment meets your requirements for performance, reliability and safety.
Major Interval Maintenance services provide the qualified and experienced subsea engineering, BOP controls, and maintenance project management resources necessary to augment or completely offload your internal teams during major maintenance intervals. Our team will help ensure that any ongoing operations are not impacted and that your major interval service project are successful.
Performance and Reliability services compare the performance and reliability of relevant systems on working assets to fleet norms and expectations. Root causes of differences are identified and prioritized, supported by quantitative data analysis, to provide actionable plans for resolving issues and reduce the NPT levels.
Incident Investigation services utilize Athens Group’s proprietary methodology for Incident Investigation / Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Our methodology, based on leading RCA methodologies such as TOPSET and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), are tailored to the unique needs of the upstream oil & gas industry.
Athens Group plans, executes, and manages WCE projects using our fit-for-purpose Integrated Project Execution tool (iPx). iPx is a secure cloud-based database system that contains the primary project planning, management, and execution tools including:
- A Project Quality Plan (PQP) for the management of project quality and risk
- A Project Execution Plan (PEP) for the overall management of the project execution including project definition, preparation, staffing, execution, change management and meeting management. Progress against the plan is tracked and managed on a daily basis using a Project Earned Value function.
- Real Time Project Progress and Results Tracking and Reporting for the management of project surveyor assignments, inputs (e.g. checklists, test plans, daily resource assignments) and outputs (e.g. recording of observations, checklist/test plan results, reporting, and issues tracking).
- API Std 53 compliance and enhanced compliance checklists.
- A Well Control Inspection Tracker (WCIT®) provides full API Std 53 compliance traceability.